We’re sure you’ve heard your share of old, strange laws that can make you scratch your head and wonder why they were ever created in the first place, but did you know that Massachusetts has its own set of strange laws related to driving? It’s true! Not only is the Boston University Bridge on Commonwealth Avenue in Boston the only place in the entire world where a boat can cruise under a train driving under a car that’s driving under a plane (say that five times fast), but our wonderful state is also the proud owner of the following interesting driving laws :
- Gorillas are not allowed in the back seat of a vehicle, so no worries about your chimpanzee.
- Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of their taxi during their shifts. Wonder if this applies to Uber drivers…
- Unless it’s flashing, the law doesn’t technically require you to stop for red lights. But please, stop for red lights.
- It’s illegal to excavate any city street in Nahant. Hmmm…maybe its buried treasure?
- Pedestrians are prohibited from peeking inside the windows of cars in Milford. Because??
From gorillas to our beloved construction, these laws got us thinking. When you’ve been injured in an accident, you need a lawyer that knows the laws and has your best interest at heart.
No matter how weird the law and no matter how weird the situation, our team is committed to winning cases and getting you the settlement you deserve. If you or someone you know has been injured due to the negligence of another driver, do not hesitate to contact our team at Dussault & Zatir. We answer phones 24 hours a day, seven days a week and there are no fees unless we are successful. To schedule your free initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer, call +1 508-999-2000 or +1-800-542-4LAW.