Whether you’ve been injured in a car accident, auto-pedestrian accident or slip-and-fall accident caused by somebody else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for injuries and damages. For someone who has never gone through the process, filing a personal injury claim in Massachusetts and Rhode Island can seem difficult and confusing. The idea of pursuing a claim and possibly going to court can be intimidating, but the majority of personal injury claims, if they are handled correctly are settled before trial and never need to see a courtroom. The first step is to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney to get the ball rolling.
Discuss Your Case With An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
Sitting down with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys is guaranteed 100% free and we have lawyers on call at +1-800-542-4LAW to answer your personal injury questions. Our attorney will help you to sort out the details of your accident claim to let you know if you have a case and determine how much compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages. Whether you’re missing work with whiplash or a concussion, or have been left with life-changing catastrophic injuries like traumatic brain injury or loss of limbs, we will help you to take the steps toward receiving money for your pain and suffering. Remember, speaking with an attorney is not the same thing as hiring an attorney.
What Do I Need To Do At The Scene Of A Car Accident?
Getting into a car accident is never convenient. The holiday season fills the highways like Interstate-95, Interstate-195 and Route 24 with multi-tasking distracted drivers in busy cities like New Bedford, Providence and Fall River inevitably leads to more motor vehicle accidents. One moment you’re going about your day, running errands or heading in to work in a busy area like Route 44 in Taunton/Raynham or Bald Hill Road in Warwick, next thing you know you’re caught off guard when a distracted driver crashes into you. It can be difficult to focus and keep your head together after any type of accident. Here are some general tips to stay safe at the scene of an accident and help to document and support your personal injury claim.
- Immediately call for medical help if someone is injured.
- Call the police. They will document the accident and gather facts for legal purposes. If you don’t call the police, it will become your word against the other driver’s.
- Report the accident to your insurance agent as soon as possible.
- Exchange information with the other parties involved, such as address and phone number. Get the license plate number; make, model and year of the vehicle; driver’s insurance information; car registration number; driver’s license number.
- Try to get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Take pictures of the accident, damage to the vehicle, and the area around the accident.
- Collect any physical evidence that could have caused the accident.
- Gather details from the accident: draw a diagram of the accident; note the date and time; the type of weather; the location of the accident–including any landmarks.
- Call an attorney.
- Don’t speak to anybody from the at-fault person’s insurance company before consulting a lawyer. If you give a statement, it may be used against you in the future.
- Don’t sign any papers given to you by an insurance company or agree to a settlement of your case until you get legal advice.
D+Z: Experienced Car Accident Attorneys In Massachusetts & Rhode Island
If you or a loved one have been the victim of any type of a car accident, please contact us to speak with an experienced attorney. Dussault & Zatir P.C. has lawyers on call at +1-800-542-4LAW to answer your personal injury questions. With offices in New Bedford, Fall River and Taunton, Massachusetts, as well as an office in Providence, Rhode Island, if you’ve been injured, our lawyers are here to fight for you.
*The above is not to be considered as legal advice. Every case is different and the laws which apply may differ from state to state.
Copyright: stockbroker / 123RF Stock Photo